- This event has passed.
Showdown Throwdown at Floydfest site
June 20, 2015 : 12:00 pm - 9:00 pm$10.00
Fan on Fire-Band on Fire
11am camping opens, 4pm to 9pm Fan on Fire- Band on Fire culmination Event
Highlighting the character and uniqueness of FloydFest, there of course will be music! One of the FloydFest tagline is Music, Mountains and Magic so it is a perfect fit with The Crooked Road’s Mountains of Music Homecoming.
Celebrate the 2015 Summer Solstice with the culmination of the Fan on Fire-Band on Fire, an old school battle of the bands series by Across the Way Productions.
Four bands will compete on the Streamline Hill Hollar stage for the opportunity to play before Emmylou Harris on Mainstage at FloydFest held at July 22-26, 2015.
Site Location: Floyd and Patrick County lines off Blue Ridge Parkway 170.5 Mile Blue Ridge Parkway Floyd VA, Rock Castle Gorge Road
Ladies and gentlemen, FloydFest, Across-the-Way Productions and Roanoke Community Garden Association are beyond proud and pumped to offer you the elixir of all mixers, the hoots of all hootenannies, the INAGURAL SHOWDOWN THROWDOWN, coming at you live from noon until summer solstice on JUNE 20, 2015, at your home away from home, the one-and-only FloydFest site.
What hoots, you ask? Well, all sorts, of course. This quaint but zany gathering includes a DISC GOLF tournament from 1 to 3 p.m., segueing seamlessly into the inaugural Showdown Throwdown MOUNTAIN CROSS RACE from 3 to 4 p.m. After that glorious debauchery calms across the grounds, we will gather at the Streamline Stage at Hill Hollar to witness the Band on Fire Battle of the Bands Finale — the actual and amazing SHOWDOWN THROWDOWN.
All for what, you ask? Well, nothing less than an opening spot for Emmylou Harris on FloydFest’s Dreaming Creek Main Stage on Sunday, July 26, 2015, during FF14~Fire on the Mountain! Four battle-tested bands (winning by audience vote during May’s Band on Fire at The Phoenix) will fight once more from 4 to 9 p.m. to round out the event, with the winner claiming the opening spot.
We miss you. We need to hang out more. Let’s celebrate summer, and laugh a bit. Let’s Throwdown at the Showdown, if you will.
General Admission: $12 advance ($15 at the gate, cash only)
GA ticket add-ons:
• Disc Golf tournament entry: $8 advance ($10 at the gate, cash only)
• Mountain Cross Race entry: $8 advance ($10 at the gate, cash only)
• Should you go down from the Throwdown, here’s the lowdown: FREE CAMPING IN WOODSY CAMPING! (Sorry for yelling)
• Craft brew from Parkway Brewing Company (the good stuff)
• We’re going to cook s’mores, because we know y’all like s’mores. (We just really want s’mores.)
• A bonfire will be lit, and it will be awesome. (En fuego, as they say)
• The Children’s Universe will be open, and supervised, and downright fun in the sun.
• Food Trucks! Food Trucks! Food Trucks!
• Sunday, June 21, 2015 is the summer solstice — we couldn’t think of a better place to be than at our home away from home in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. Won’t you join us?
MORE INFO http://floydfest.com/showdownthrowdown