Floyd County Tourism Office
109 East Main Street
Floyd, VA 24091
Pat Sharkey, Floyd County Tourism Director
The Floyd County Tourism Development Council (FCTDC)
Established in 2013,The FCTDC is a partnership between Floyd County government, the Town of Floyd and the Floyd County Chamber of Commerce.
The development of the FCTDC is an initiative based upon the first Floyd County Tourism Strategic Plan developed in 2010 by the Floyd tourism community with assistance from the Virginia Tourism Corporation.
FCTDC Goal: To increase economic development opportunities through tourism by promoting Floyd County as a destination.
Members of FCTDC: County Supervisor Linda DeVito Kuchenbuch, County Supervisor Lauren Yoder, Town Councilman Bruce Turner, Town Councilman Michael Patton, Floyd Chamber Board member, Karin Grosshans.
Meet monthly 2nd Wednesdays at 6:30pm every other month at the Tourism Office. 2019: March/May/July/September/November Tourism Director and Tourism Advisory Board representative attend. Open to the public.
NOTE: During 2020 with COVID-19, meetings have been held on-line with ZOOM. Meeting links will be posted here or you can contact Tourism Director for information: Tourismdirector@Floydcova.org , 540-239-8509
TDC ZOOM meeting, Wednesday, September 9 at 6:30pm
Meeting ID: 828 2520 4639
One tap mobile
+19292056099,,82825204639# US (New York)
+13017158592,,82825204639# US (Germantown)
Dial by your location
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 828 2520 4639
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbGVAm3du4
Tourism Advisory Board
Members have applied to participate and have been appointed by the FCTDC to serve as business and community advisers to the Tourism Director and Tourism Office.
- David Owen, Pine Tavern Lodge (Chair)
- Dylan Locke, Floyd Country Store, County Sales
- Joanne Bell, Bell Gallery
- Grayson Rudd, Cocoa Mia Chocolates
- Kamala Bauers, Hotel Floyd, Floyd EcoVillage
- Annie Armistead, Troika Contemporary Craft Gallery
- Wendy Wrenn, artisan pottery, 16Hands member
- Jody Rose Franko, Rose of the Winds Travel owner and travel agent
- Josh Newsome, Across the Way Productions Director (Floydfest)
- Agatha Hannah, Farm owner and farm project coodinator
Meet every other month with scheduling each month. Tourism Director attends. Meetings open to public and other businesses. Contact tourism director for updated schedule.
FLOYD TOURISM BUSINESS INFORMATION AND SUPPORT -
8. 30. 2020 - ShopFloydVA On-line Shopping Campaign, Fall & Holiday 2020 Business info here: