- This event has passed.
Weekly Mindfulness Classes
November 7, 2017 : 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until December 20, 2017
At the end of a busy day, sometimes we could use help to wind down. Mindfulness has been shown to relieve stress and anxiety, and to reinvigorate tired minds and bodies, so is an excellent antidote to the stressors of our lives.
Floyd-based nonprofit, InStill Mindfulness SWVA, is dedicated to sharing the benefits of mindfulness with as many people, and in as many ways as possible. To help achieve this goal, InStill is commencing Weekly Mindfulness Classes on Tuesdays at 5:30pm, in the
Encompassed with regularly changing displays, The Falcon Gallery provides a wonderful space to practice mindfulness, in classes taught by seasoned teachers presenting an eclectic blend of styles and techniques.
The schedule for the first round is as follows:
* Tuesday, 11/7: Swede McBroom leads an introduction to Eknath Easwaran’s eight-point program of passage meditation, which is meditation based on memorization of Scripture or prayers from all major spiritual practices.
* Tuesday, 11/14: Miranda Mauldon leads a boundary-breaking and self-exploratory loving-kindness meditation class, with exercises to calm the mind and open the heart, followed by a meditation on loving-kindness for self and all others.
* Tuesday, 11/21: Mel Crumb leads a guided water meditation aimed at developing presence and greater connection with the self.
* Tuesday, 11/28: Jamie Reygle leads an introduction to walking meditation, in which participants will be offered more fulfilling ways to walk in the world.
* Tuesday, 12/5: Tommy Bailey presents Minding the Gap, a meditation technique that uses awareness of breath to help develop deeper concentration.
* Tuesday, 12/12: Angela Cardenas leads participants in exploring and experiencing several gratitude practices, focusing attention on the abundance we have in our lives.
* Tuesday, 12/19: Jamie Reygle leads meditations focusing on the senses, to help develop a greater awareness of all the present moment can entail.
More classes will be announced in the new year.
Individual classes are $20, or you can purchase a three-class punch card for $50, or an eight-class punch card for $100. Punch cards will remain valid into the new year, and for as long as classes continue. Punch cards can be purchased at the classes, or online at www.instillmindfulness.org.
InStill Mindfulness SWVA is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to instilling mindfulness throughout southwest Virginia, through education and outreach.