It's 2021! Happy & Healthy year to all!
We are full of LOVE and concern for our family and friends - and we are taking the coronavirus very seriously. Floyd County, Town and businesses are following the CDC, VA Dept. of Health and the Governor’s mandates in relation to the coronavirus and business activities and public events. These mandates and recommendations can change daily (see bottom of page for detailed updates & links)
Please be patient and cooperative with our business folks as they navigate changes & mandates and safety for staff, community & you!
And for most timely updates on business’s activities, go to their Facebook pages or call ahead.
Check out some ways you can Feel the Love from Floyd
EVENTS - Most major large public events in Floyd County have been cancelled or postponed in 2020. But other events are happening.
WINTER HAPPENINGS - Winter Highlights page HERE -
SHOP Floyd VA SHOP ONLINE WITH over 70 FLOYD BUSINESSES NOW
PUBLIC RESTROOMS - Public restrooms are open at Warren G. Linebery Park (next to Floyd Country Store) Sun-Thur 10am-6pm; Fri/Sat 10am-9pm
RESTAURANTS & SPIRITS – Who needs to cook? Restaurants list with contacts here Take-out, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Indoor Seating options
GET OUTSIDE! need some ideas? HERE
FARM & FOOD OFFERINGS - Local produce and farm products are available.
Riverstone Organic Farm - 708 Thompson Rd. SE Floyd VA 24091 www.riverstoneorganicfarm.com
Farm Store is open daily 9am - 7pm
Floyd Eco Village Farm - 188 Eco Village Trail, Floyd, VA 24091 facebook.com/floydecovillagefarm/
Farm store open daily
Floyd Farmer's Market - We've Moved Inside!
from December 12 - February 2
Our Winter Market will be in the warehouse space behind Farmers Supply
Just two doors down from the Community Pavilion
Follow updates on Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/FloydFarmersMarket/
RETAIL SHOPS & GALLERIES - Shop Floyd - Our quaint community has over 25 galleries, antique shops and artisan studios. Many are open end of week and Saturdays in winter weather permitting. Check their Facebook pages directly for details and schedules
Online lessons through the Handmade Music School are currently available on the following instruments:
old time fiddle, old time banjo (clawhammer and two finger), old time mandolin,old time guitar, bluegrass fiddle,bluegrass banjo, bluegrass mandolin, bluegrass guitar, upright bass, ukulele, vocals (folk, bluegrass, harmony)
Online Workshops & Lectures www.crowdcast.io/handmademusic
HEALTH & WELLNESS - LIVESTREAM EVENTS
Living Light Studio - Yoga classes with ShirleyAnn www.livinglightriverstudio.com
From ShirleyAnn: I've uploaded to my YouTube channel the following classes, available to you at anytime for free.
Hatha Flow Yoga I (start this video with the volume low, the singing bowl is loud),
and an audio for de-stressing called Yoga Nidra, a guided meditation, or yogic sleep that creates deep relaxation.
The classes are 60 minutes each, and the Yoga Nidra is a 20 minute guided meditation.
Jivamukti Yoga with Mary Brown
Zoom class, Saturdays @ 10:00am
email Mary: firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Zoom link and password will be sent after registration.
Early registration appreciated.
This weeks class is free. Come! Practice!
Yoga for Beginners with Carly Burke - now online! Purchase a class or a series. Link to a recorded class is sent out each Monday morning and can be viewed anytime during the week. Please contact Carly for more details and pricing. email@example.com or call (540)745-3030
Total Body Conditioning with Katie Wells
- Music & Movement & Joy! www.interweave.love
classes start back up in January 2021
FREE PUBLIC WIFI
Citizens Telephone Cooperative –at the lower end of parking lot in Floyd. A banner with login information is displayed outside the office.
Warren G. Lineberry Park - The network is WGL Park Public WIFI
Jessie Peterman Memorial Library (Floyd) - Free WIFI in parking lot. no password needed.
UPDATE 12 10 2020 new state Restriction measures will take effect in Virginia at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, December 14:
- Modified Stay at Home Order: All individuals in Virginia must remain at their place of residence between the hours of 12:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. Exceptions include obtaining food and goods, traveling to and from work, and seeking medical attention.
- Universal mask requirement: All Virginians aged five and over are required to wear face coverings in indoor settings shared with others and when outdoors within six feet of another person. This order expands the current statewide mask mandate, which has been in place since May 29, and requires all individuals aged five and over to wear face coverings in indoor and outdoor public settings outside of their own household. These changes are consistent with new CDC guidelines, released December 4, which recommend universal wearing of face coverings.
- Reduction in social gatherings: All social gatherings must be limited to 10 individuals, down from the current cap of 25 people. Social gatherings include, but are not limited to, parties, celebrations, or other social events, regardless of whether they occur indoors or outdoors. This does not apply to religious services, employment settings, or educational settings. Restaurants and retail stores are already governed by strict social distancing requirements, and are not included in this limit.
- Continued limits on dining establishments: Virginia restaurants are currently governed by strict social distancing and sanitization requirements, which remain in place. The on-site sale, consumption, and possession of alcohol remains prohibited after 10:00 p.m. in any restaurant, dining establishment, food court, brewery, microbrewery, distillery, winery, or tasting room. All restaurants, dining establishments, food courts, breweries, microbreweries, distilleries, wineries, and tasting rooms must close by midnight.
- Teleworking: Employees that can telework are strongly encouraged to do so.
The full text of Executive Order Seventy-Two, which incorporates earlier Executive Orders Sixty-Three Sixty-Seven is available here. For information about COVID-19 in Virginia, visit vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus.
UPDATE 11 -15- 2020 new Restrictions full details: https://www.governor.virginia.gov/newsroom/all-releases/2020/november/
Restrictions Includes: limit of 25 individuals for in-person gatherings, expanded mask mandate, on-site alcohol curfew, and increased enforcement
Forward Virginia Phase Three - began July 1
Summary below - Full description at HERE
Forward Virginia Phase Two - begins Friday, June 5 - This includes Restaurants & Spirits option to OPEN indoor dining (at 50%) with continued outdoor dining and take out; Social Gatherings maximum number of people increases to #50 (from #10), continued Face covering mandated inside retail businesses, social distancing (6 feet), retail businesses open (50%) capacity. Full info on Executive Order 65 www.governor.virginia.gov/media/governorvirginiagov/governor-of-virginia/pdf/Virginia-Forward-Phase-Two-Guidelines.pdf
New Face mask requirements as of Friday, May 29 through Executive Order #63
- Everyone ages 10 and up
- Inside all brick and mortar retail establishments
- Inside all personal care & grooming establishment
- Inside places where people congregate
- Inside food & beverage establishments, except when eating
- On public transportation
- When accessing state or local services
The following exceptions apply:
- While eating or drinking
- While exercising
- If you have trouble breathing or are unable to remove the mask without help
- If your health conditions prohibit wearing a face covering
IMPORTANT LINKS related to coronavirus updates and tourism
- virginia.org/coronavirus Virginia is for Lovers – traveler’s updates
- vatc.org/coronavirus/ Virginia Tourism Corporation – updates for VA tourism businesses
- http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus - VA Department of Health – updates
- https://www.governor.virginia.gov/ Governor's Announcements -
- VA State Park updates: https://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/covid-19-update
- cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html - National: Center for Disease Control
For questions regarding Floyd Tourism: firstname.lastname@example.org 540-239-8509
Take care of yourself and one another,
** Thank you Tony Greatorex for the Amazing Fall photo!