Floyd VA – a Cycle Friendly place for both visitors and residents
Tour de Floyd, Saturday, May 18, 2019 , 830am-4pm Tourdefloyd.org
Big Ivy Gran Fondo at Primland, Saturday, June 2, 2019
Gravel Camp, Sat, June 22 8am-5pm POSTPONED TO AUGUST 3 –
- Come to Floyd County for awesome late spring gravel riding with Paul Sullivan and Tony Greatorex. Super laid back, unsupported, backroads fun. More details (and some surprises) to come!
- We will use this as our route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/30172389You can turn off at mile 16.5 for a 17 mile version, or skip the big descent down Lick Ridge/up Goose Creek for a nice 39 miler.
- camping at Chantilly option etc.. check :
- more info click here
Tour de Dirt, Floyd VA – watch for date in Fall!
Cycle Floyd Brochure & MAP –
PRINT & On-line – available with:
- Mapped routes of various lengths and difficulties
- Map of all roads in county indicating gravel, paved, private
- Sampling of venues and cool places to check out after a ride!
Print guide available at the Floyd Visitor Center – 109 East Main St. Floyd. 540-745-4407. info@VisitFloydVA.com
On-line route samplers go to Outdoor Recreation page
Link to Cycle Guide – County Map Side
Cycle Guide Information Side 2
Cycle Floyd Facebook group
- Join us to network on rides and events!
Cycle support in Floyd County:
made in Floyd … in the works in 2019!
Bike Repair Stations (self serving)
- in town and at Tuggles Gap Restaurant/Motel – the Floyd exit off Blue Ridge Parkway MP 165.
Bike Racks – artsy bike racks made locally 🙂
- in town and county
Watch for updates to this page – with Floyd suggested route links and more
For more information
or come by the Floyd Visitor Center, 109 East Main St. 540-745-4407
A big THANK YOU to Virginia Tourism Corporation for a matching marketing grant and for a DRIVE Tourism grant for cycle infrastructure support. And a big THANK YOU to our local Cycle Floyd financial partners: Town of Floyd, Floyd Fitness, Chantilly Farm, Hotel Floyd, and Riverstone Farm