- This event has passed.
POSTPONED – Grant Opportunities for Distributed Wind Energy Coming to Floyd
September 22, 2018 : 9:00 am - 3:30 pm
SustainFloyd, Center for Wind Energy (CWE) at James Madison University (JMU), and Bergey WindPower are partnering to host a “Wind Energy, USDA Grant Application Workshop” and an informational meeting on small wind energy opportunities in Floyd County. Join us and discuss the opportunities for rural small businesses and full-time agricultural producers in south-west Virginia through the guidance of the Distributed Wind Assistance Program (DWAP).
We welcome all to this workshop. Either participate as an observer during the informational morning sessions, or as an active participant that is genuinely interested and prepared to engage with a wind developer.
Please note, if you intend to partake as an active participant seats are limited due to workshop resources.
**You must RSVP to reserve your seat and request workshop materials by contacting the Center for Wind Energy (email@example.com).**
Morning Session 1, 9:00 AM – 10:20 M
* Introduction to JMU and DWAP
* Introduction to REAP (wind energy grant opportunities)
* Overview of Small Wind for Farms and Rural Businesses
* Elements of a Successful Small Wind Project
Morning Break: 10:20 AM – 10:40 AM
Morning Session 2, 10:40 AM – 12:00 PM
* Case Study
* Down to the Details: Sizing, Tower Options, Placement, Permits, Utility Contract, Installation,
Purchasing Options, Tax Benefits, Maintenance/Service Agreements, Etc.
* Next Steps
Sponsored Lunch (free to RSVP’d active participants), 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
Afternoon Session 1, 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
* Review REAP Application Requirements
* Hands-on Workshop on Preparing a REAP Application
Workshop Closing Session, 3:00 PM – 3:20
* Q&A and follow-up information